Well, as far as i can tell so far, Day 1 has been a complete success! Granted it is only lunchtime, not to mention the only thing i have to do to be successful is wear a dress. but still, everything has gone off without a hitch!
If i haven't made myself very clear so far, here is an overview of what i am doing for the month with my "A frock a day" challenge.
During the month of Frocktober I'll be frocking up in support of the festive fundraising initiative aiming to raise funds for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF).
A striking statistic is that, across Australia, "One woman dies every ten hours from ovarian cancer…for many women with ovarian cancer, the disease is already well advanced when they are first diagnosed”.
Unfortunately, there is currently no screening test for ovarian cancer. Frocktober aims to help improve the outlook for women with the disease by supporting the quest for a suitable early detection test, through fundraising for the OCRF.
Through fun – and sometimes quirky – measures, Frocktober is all about:
• increasing the public's awareness of ovarian cancer and what it is
• promoting women's health & wellbeing
• celebrating the great diversity of shapes, sizes and colours women come in.
Essentially, Frocktober puts forward a challenge to girls, women and interested men far and wide: To don a frock for a day, week, fortnight or a full month during October, and get sponsored for it! It’s not just frocking up though, it’s about creating frocks, sourcing frocks through creative measures and in essence celebrating the frock in all its feminine glory...
This is probably a good time to let everyone know just how they can support me in my endeavor - sponsor me and make donations! This is how you can do so;
• Cash: just fill out my donation form when donating your money.
• On-line payment: visit www.frocktober.org, go to the 'donate' page and include my registration number in the confirmation page.
• Electronic Funds Transfer: Enter my registration number in the 'reference' field from your internet banking service. This will help track your payment.
Account name: Frocktober Inc
Account number 134323187
My registration number for this purpose is: 649813.
The dress i have chosen to wear for Day 1 is a summery dress i bought for $10 from a Dotti factory outlet about a year ago. I was very excited to find this dress, it was such a bargain, and i haven't worn it for ages (mainly due to forgetting it existed after losing it in my cupboard!) so this is a good chance to get it out again.
Hope everyone is well & enjoying the start of my journey as much as i am..